This episode is just taking the three C's of individual development more in depth:
- Coaches: If you want a good coach, make sure they practice what they preach. Don't get a health coach that is out of shape, or a marriage counselor that has been divorced twice.
- Remember, you don't need a coach just because something in your life is broken. If you and your spouse want to improve on your marriage, there is nothing wrong with getting a counselor to try and see what you can do to make it even better. Even the best Olympic athletes have coaches, and that's not because they are bad, its because they are trying to be the best.
- You just need to get a coach, it doesn't have to be Greg, but go help yourself improve your life!
2. Community: You become like the five people you spend the most time with. They effect your world view, and how you act and think. Surround yourself with people that lift you up, not the friends you can go out and do dumb stuff with. Stay with those people who make you better and in that group you lift each other up.
3. Competition: Healthy competition is good for us all. It makes us strive to do our best performance. To show up and get it done!
- Loosing or winning should no be connected to our self worth. When we loose, it doesn't mean that you are less of a human being than the winner. It should help you want to get better! Keep working at it and trying!
- Another thing about competition is most races should be against yourself. Strive to a better person than you were the day before. Stick closer to your goals and reach further then your past self would.
Look at different areas of your life to see where you should apply one or more of the three C's.
If you would like Greg as a coach click to check it out!
Great People have Mentors
Leaving Smallville- How to think Bigger
--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/gregory-denning/message